Get Your Best Glow With Fewer Products
With more and more options in skincare, those looking to get their best glow ever may be tempted to combine and layer products to achieve perfection. But, is it wise to combine skincare products? Can you use anti-aging and acne products side by side?
When it comes to Clearogen, we don’t have too many worries about reactions from combining, but here is some wisdom for your glow-up journey:
- Retinols and Retinoids are popular ingredients for battling signs of aging, but they can cause dryness and irritation. For this reason, we don’t recommend that you apply the same time as Clearogen Acne Lotion. Alternate days for those and you’ll still get the results you want. You can continue to use Clearogen Foaming Cleanser and Clarifying Toner on nights you apply the retinol, but keep an eye out for dryness.
- Layering acne products can dehydrate or inflame your skin. Clearogen’s 3-Step Acne System is a complete program for addressing acne, so other products aren’t necessary. But if you want to use other blemish treatments in conjunction with Clearogen, then apply alternate days or at a different time of day. For example, apply one in the morning and one in the evening. The same goes for any product that has chemical exfoliants, such as AHAs and BHAs.
- Many Clearogen users are also concerned about aging. RejuveMD works very well with Clearogen and they can be applied one right after another. Simply wait a few minutes between applying to ensure ideal absorption. (The perfect moment to brush and floss!)
- The one thing we do want you to layer on is an SPF in the morning! Since Clearogen contains chemical exfoliants, your skin may be even more sensitive to sun damage. An oil-free moisturizer with SPF 15 or higher will keep your skin safe. While our acne lotion has moisturizing ingredients, if you are looking for additional moisture, we recommend CeraVe products, which won’t clog pores.
- When in doubt, just apply your other skincare item at least 30 minutes after your Clearogen, which allows for absorption. Or, even better, at a different time of day. Then, keep an eye out for dryness or irritation. Speaking with your dermatologist is always a smart idea as well!
The fine lines have diminished and the deeper wrinkles are less noticeable. It smells wonderful. I've tried a ton of different products, but none compare.
Ida, Rejuve MD Customer
Ultimately, there’s no need to have dozens of products stacked in your medicine cabinet. Clearogen’s 3-Step acne system provides gentle exfoliation, cleans pores, reduces inflammation, kills bacteria and slows oil production. Add on RejuveMD for aging defense and your favorite SPF moisturizer and your skincare regime is complete. Add on anything else with mild caution and diligent observation. Why not keep your glow-up simple?
Acne-prone skin needs moisturizer, particularly during colder, drier months of the year. In addition to your Clearogen routine, consider using CeraVe lotions to repair skin's moisture barrier without clogging pores.